Volunteers Handle Kitchen Fire With One Burned
 
By Captain Matthew Thews
June 23, 2018
 

On Saturday June 23rd at 1624 hours, Box 15-19 was alerted for the kitchen fire with one subject burned in the 7100 block of Central Church Road. E152 (FF3 Reid), RE153 (Lt. Williamson), A159 (EMS-II Temple), B156 (Capt. Thews), C15-1 (DFC Kennedy), C15-2 (AFC Betts), and C15-3 (AFC Bowles) responded to the call with 17 volunteers. RE153 (as the squad) arrived to find smoke showing from the rear of a two story single family home. E152 laid out half way down the 2500 foot driveway and pulled an attack line through the garage into the home. A small fire had been burning in the microwave, which the homeowner carried outside and suffered second-degree burns. A159 and M17 treated that patient, who was transported to a landing zone at Linganore High School to meet MSP Aviation. The crews from 15 checked for extension and removed cabinets and appliances that had been involved. The fire was contained to the kitchen and smoke ventilated via two PPV fans. Command held Co. 15 and the EMS units after about 15 minutes. C15-3 and FD100 held the Central Church Command. C15-1 was the fire attack supervisor. C15-2 supervised the EMS group.

 
Units: E152 RE153 A159 B156 C15-1 C15-2 C15-3 ET254
 
Mutual Aid: E172 E331 ET114 Q11 T17 T1 CCT1 BAT902 SFT901 EMS901 FD100 C17-1 M17 TRPR3
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption
No Caption
 
No Caption